Thursday, May 15, 2008

TMYS

Did you ever think "if I had only known then what I know now..." if your like me, I'm sure you have. Take a minute and hop over to BuddahBelle and take a look. This week she is doing a series on Letters To My Younger Self which I think is pretty cool (not to mention I participated in).

I always find it interesting to look back at our lives and reflect on the things we wish we'd known back then. I like to think some of my advice to myself would have made a difference, but who really knows. I was kind of a head strong person who thought she had it all figured out (ok I was a know-it-all) but as I've gotten older I realize that there are more shades of gray than I ever accounted for. In all honesty, I am kind of grateful for some of the 'screw ups' I faced. You know the kind I'm talking about - the ones that could have been avoided. I think it was those moments that helped me become the person I am today, not to mention I know I'm stronger for having survived them. So in the end, maybe it was all just a 'necessary evil.'

What about you...do you think your "words of wisdom" to your younger self would have made a difference? Do you think you would have listened to your own advice??

2 comments:

Jojo said...

Thanks for the link, and thanks for participating! I thought your letter was great!

Semi-Charmed Wife said...

I think I'd tell my younger self that everything will turn out all right. I'd warn her that she's going to make some mistakes--big, stupid, devastating mistakes--but that it's OK, and that she'll be a better person because of them.