Sunday, June 22, 2008

15 Years

Queen of Mayhem tagged me for a meme that would sum up the last 15 years of my life. I love to chatter about my life (see previous posts) so I will do my best to sum up, as well as provide 'new' info you might have not known.

This meme is: 15 Years in a Nutshell

Think back on the last 15 years of your life. What would you tell someone that you hadn’t seen or talked to for 15 years? How would you sum up your life?

You get 10 bullet points. A list of 10 things to summarize you. At the end of your list, tag 5 more people and send on the love.


1. I had a full acidemic scholarship to the University of Texas at Austin

2. I went for 3 consecutive semesters before I quit to join the Navy (school was BORING)

3. I spent the next 6 years getting as much school as possible (nicknamed me the professional student)

4. I've traveled around the world and fought for freedom.

5. 2002 brought the unexpected joy of my 1st daughter - she is a mini-me

6. 2003 I met my husband - I had to travel half-way around the world just to realize we had been following each other for 4 years (and didn't even know it, never crossed paths before)

7. 2005 The hub, myself, my daughter and his son all survived Hurricane Katrina (we lived in Gulfport MS. at the time and weren't not planning on leaving for the storm. Sunday before it made landfall, we realized it was a cat 5 and thought we should leave - luckily for us we had friends in Florida where we stayed and watched it devistate the coast.)

8. 2006 We finally made it official - the Hub and I tied the knot.

9. 2007 I gave birth to my second daughter (also a bit of a suprise - made sure there would be no more of those...wink wink)

10. 2008 - obviously the birth of my second daughter made me go partially insane, because I am running my first Marathon in Dec '08.

Ok, that's me in a nutshell. Some you didn't know and some you probably wish you didn't know now. Enjoy!

NOW for the tagging:

SemiCharmedWife: because she's like a my sister from another mother :)
Kellan: because we both share a love of 'KEL'
JoJo: because I love her candid humor
April: new around here and I'd love to know more about her.
Krissy: because she's more fun than a barral full of monkeys and isn't afraid to say what's on her mind!

Don't think this means you lucked out...you can play too!

5 comments:

Queen of the Mayhem said...

WOW! What an interesting life you have led!

We have also taken steps to insure we have no more little surprises in our life!

During Katrina, I was glued to the TV ( we were at my mom's house...as we lost power for 10 days) and I just couldn't BELIEVE the devastation! We had a tree fall on our roof...but were blessed to have it replaced within 2 months. I know people who lost EVERYTHING!

On a lighter note.....Orange Beach is really nice. It is perfect because it is only 4 hours from us!
Oh...and I plan on having a MYSTIC tan...so I will be MUCH less frightening! :) (Well...maybe a little!)

krissy said...

You are a very interesting gal.

This meme might be quite hard for me as my brain has erased a good portion of it but I will do my best.

I already posted today so I will meme tomorrow. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Kellan said...

You have lived a very interesting life. I hope my twins get full academic scholarships - maybr even to UT! Thanks for tagging me - have a good day, Kel - see you - Kellan

Jojo said...

Wow...I'm so impressed with so many things listed here. It's funny how you said school was boring and then you spent 6 yrs being a "pro student"! I'm so sorry about Katrina..it must've been so hard, and I'm gonna be here cheering you on in December. I'm gonna do the tag after Birth Story week, ok? Btw, I thought you were going to submit your story too? Have you changed your mind?

Semi-Charmed Wife said...

It was very, very cool to read your list--I definitely learned some new things about you! And thanks so much for the shout-out--I feel the same way! My answers are up on my site...