Why is it that when people are speaking they speak with puncuation?
- "I was going to the store however comma I changed my mind."
- "He is just a bastard period."
Is this some type of emphasis that I just don't get???
Why do people speak with "texting" terms?
- I tell a funny joke at work and my cube neighbor replys with "LOL."
- I ask Betty if she knows where I can get some more pens and she responds with "IDK, go ask Amy."
Why do people walk into a conversation based on "one phrase" without knowing who else is involved in the conversation?
- Beth (two cubes down) thought she overheard someone say the word fart so she pipes in "John are you farting? Giggle Giggle" and then realizes as she rounds the corner that there is a 'visitor' she does not know sitting in John's cube.
ORWhy do people assume that just because the computer guy can fix the computer this means that he will tell you how to fix your home computer and you will be able to follow his instructions?
ORWhy do people assume that if you tell the computer guy "My computer doesn't work" that he'll respond with "activate computer powers" and be able to tell you what the problem with it is?
Seriously, when was the last time you walked up to your financial guy and said "Hey I'm over budget this month and my paycheck is already spent" that he responded with "If you adjust your budget to include additional taxes on gas and deducted the cost fuel mileage for driving to lunch each day as well as calculated the cost of ..." (Yeah sure he would)
Do you have any office pet peeves??