Friday, November 21, 2008
It's Friday again and you know what that means...Yep, random thoughts from the unknown...hehe
1. Holy Crap it's COLD! - Seriously now, this below freezing temperature stuff is for the birds (or should I say penguins?) I get that I don't have any control over the weather, but seriously, come on now...if I have to suffer thru this crazy weather, can I at least have some snow flurries to brighten my mood?
2. Food - food and MORE food. The only bad thing about the holidays is that there is so much food it's not even funny. (We could totally feed a small starving country with how much food there has been this week.) Had a luncheon yesterday at work for Thanksgiving, am having another luncheon at work next week for Thanksgiving AND we are having THANKSGIVING next week too. Oh.My.Gosh - I'm going to have to run 5 marathons to burn all these calories.
3. Thanksgiving - yep, it's next week. I am excited - not about the super duper long drive we are going to make with the girls to get there but about getting to see my family (and no, I don't have to go ALL THE WAY to hell, just close enough that the temperatures will warm up...and by warm up, I mean they are talking about going swimming?!)
4. Marathon - I am now down to the wire - in 2 weeks I will be putting my money where my mouth is and braving my very first Marathon. That right people...I'm either gonna sink or swim - but either way I'm sure it will be an experience of a lifetime. St. Jude Marathon is on December 6 and I along with many thousands more will brave the cold in support of a cause worth it's weight in gold.
5. Have I mentioned it's COLD! Unseasonably cold for this time of year and I chose this year to run a marathon...um, can you say CRAZY! Well, that is what I'm thinking each time I think I have to go out this weekend for one last fairly long run before the big day - it's been like -0 (ok, not really, but it feels like it) in the morning...I am not going to like being outside before the sun comes up...wish me lots and lots of 'hot' thoughts! :)
Hope you all have a great weekend - oh and check back on Monday, I have a little something for ya!