We (the hub and I) keep pretty busy during the week so when the weekend rolls around we (um, I mean I) usually have to play catch up with the house cleaning chores. There are some days when life gets the best of us and either the hubs or I cannot get to all of them so they pile up and then we are left doing MASSIVE cleanup when life dies down a bit.
Here are a few of the things I've learned when trying to enlist the help of the hubby with his share of the chores....
1. Do NOT tell him you will not cook again until the dishes are cleaned. He will suggest we 'eat out' as it comes in paper so the clean up will be quicker.
2. Do NOT tell him you will 'accidentally' turn his underwear pink (with a strategically placed red shirt) if he does not start getting his dirty laundry in the hamper. He will 'accidentally' bleach all YOUR underwear white while removing the remnants of his pink from his.
3. Do NOT tell him it is OK to watch Football while cleaning up the living room. That is like telling a child they can watch cartoons while cleaning their room...seriously, no cleaning gets done.
4. Do NOT leave him alone to make the bed. It is likely he will find his way back under the covers for a mid-day nap.
5. Do NOT wear your best lingerie to dust in hopes he will come out of his bat cave to help. He will come out of his bat cave, but not to help, only to stare.
What tricks have you learned that work/don't work?
Please excuse our mess...I am still working on some changes around here...Sorry!!