Saturday, February 25, 2012

Opportunity Knocks

Opportunity, it's a beautiful word.  It's thrilling what is knocking at your door and it's terrifying when is staring you in the face.

I'm sitting in a hotel room tonight (my room with a view) thinking about an opportunity that I spent 6 hours today pursuing.  The funny thing about this opportunity is that I am not sure why I want it.  I'm not sure if it will help me get to where I want to be in a long run.

A few weeks ago I was given a different opportunity, and honestly it scared me.  I think what makes the two  so different is that I wanted the opportunity that I was posed with first and the second one is just a nice to have.  The idea of not being successful at what I really wanted to do made me think twice about accepting the offer, made me want to stay where I'm safe and comfortable and I know that I'm good at what I do.

Opportunity is a funny thing, sometimes you don't get a second chance if you fail to take it the first time that knocks on your door.  For me, I'm jumpin in with both feet...time to learn to swim again.  I don't know what the future holds for me, but I believe in ME enough to try & find out.

Hang on tight...it's about to be a bumpy ride........

No comments: